Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Change of Heart

I am a firm believer in crown moldings. In the past, I was always looking up to the ceiling in every house I entered to "check out their moldings". I'd look for them in movies, magazines, and anywhere I thought they should be. There's just one problem with my love affair concerning our new home...they aren't cheap! Especially the thick, beautiful ones I've always coveted. So I was delighted when I noticed what wasn't there in this photo from Country Living

No crown moldings. I'm astonished...I LOVE this room; yet, there they aren't. I do; however, realize that the bead board wainscoting makes such a statement in this room that the crowns aren't needed. This is where my, according to Andrew, "stupid" purchase of the ceiling tins comes into play. Doesn't seem so stupid now, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment